Monday, November 14, 2005

Oh my word, girls are funny

I would like to give a shout out to my “Change Me” girls. They are a group of AMAZING ladies who I had the honor of being in a BSF group with last year and doing a Bible study with over the summer (hence the name Change Me girls – our book was called "Lord, only you can change me" (an amazing study I must say, because anything from Kay Arthur will kick your butt)). But back to the girls. They are such a blessing to my heart and we have stuck together after last year and this summer and have dinner every month or so and just laugh and cry and love on each other. Really, what is better than that?

So today I was emailing my friend Margaret and somehow we got to talking about Shane Barnard. And she made this comment:

“How cool is Shane Barnard? Love his heart. I know God has the most AMAZING lady waiting for him somewhere.”

And I answered:

“Oh but Margaret what Shane doesn't know it that I'M THAT WOMAN. Hee Hee.”

And she replied:

“If you are that woman he would be very lucky....AND, AND... he could still stay in the same area of the country. That is totally going to pan out. Maybe you can blog about it and then get him your site address.”

So I find this funny on so many levels –
1. That we were actually having a pretty heartfelt email conversation (I love you Margaret) and somehow this ends up in the mix.
2. That I would actually reply to her initial statement with something so bold.
3. And then the last line just made me burst out laughing and made my day: “Maybe you can blog about it and then get him your site address.”

So I’m thinking of how to slip Shane my blog address. I mean can I just go up to him at a concert and hand him a note, but then should it be folded in some really cool shape like a t-shirt (I think I can still do that), or should I make t-shirts and then give them away so that when he looks out at the audience all he’ll see is kpinion.blogpot.com and the words READ ME. Wait, I’ve met Shane, we’re practically best friends, I mean we shared a philly cheesesteak, or actually he had his own and I had mine and there were about 10 other people in the room and we were sitting at opposite ends of the table (but it was a small table) and we talked, because he thought I was a lot younger than I actually was (but I get that all the time). And then we barn-swinged together, again separately but in the same time frame and at the same place. And then he remembered me at the next concert I went to. And I’m sure that someone told him about my great falling incident at that same concert, because really the whole stinking sanctuary saw it or heard about it because it was EPIC. So really, we’re old friends, so he may already read my blog. And if he does I guess I should say hi, because to not say hi would be rude.

HI SHANE.


Yep, so this is my Monday post. Hope you enjoyed it. Oh and Shane, if you are reading this, comment and let me know, cause really I’m not a stalker, but I have a great sense of humor (as you can tell from this post).

11 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

You make my day so often KT, and this is one of those days! You are too much!

ummm..

Hi Shane.

Yipppeeee! I want to stalk him for you and slip him your blog address so he can read it, get swept off of his feet by your babbly-goodness, and decide that he'd just die without you in his life. Yeah. Let's do that.

But how funny would it be really if he Googled himself (cause let's face it, who of us don't do that from time to time), and then came across your site and your half-hearted attempt at a proposal and/or plea to not be seen as a stalker, and/or greeting. Whatever it is that you're doing here, if he googles himself and finds you here, he's going to laugh his happy singin' head off and just HAVE to take you out on a date because you're just that charming.

All because I say so. :)

11/14/2005 1:24 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

:)

i'm totally emailing this post to him.

11/14/2005 4:16 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Umm...I have absolutely NO idea who Shane is (maybe cause I'm Canadian)...but, Hi Shane!

11/14/2005 6:34 PM  
Blogger Edgy Mama said...

Don't know Shane either, but I know he'd a lucky guy to have a chick like you dig him.

11/14/2005 9:32 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

I must be so out of things... Shane Barnard??? I am going to go google him but hey anyone you catch will be one lucky lucky man!

11/14/2005 10:36 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Okay I just googled him.... I am now in the loop!

11/14/2005 10:41 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

That was hilarious!

"dinner every month or so and just laugh and cry and love on each other"

This line was funny, I don't think you will ever hear a group of guys say that phrase.

I will do what I can to facilitate you and Shane hooking up because then he could sing at our blogger game nights and that would be 10 levels of awesome!

11/15/2005 10:03 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Shane called me. He was asking what I knew about you. I told him you were nifty.

yes.

Nifty

11/15/2005 11:45 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Nifty?

That's it?

11/15/2005 12:13 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Whose Shane Barnard?

11/15/2005 3:47 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ben - just one of the best christian artists in the world, Shane and Shane. Check them out, I'll send CD's. You must raise your children listening to them.

11/15/2005 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home