Friday, November 04, 2005

26 years ago yesterday . . . . .

my life changed forever.

I was attacked, attacked I say, by two squirming freaks of nature. Yes people on that day my life was invaded by monozygotic munchkins. TWINS (identical no less).

So not only was my perfect life of pleasure and spoiledness interrupted by a younger sibling but in honor of all things that are ironic, I got TWO of them. TWO matching ankle biters to squirm in on my well laid plans of world domination.

Alas, I was stuck with them, and a stinking stuffed camel (my parents attempt to soften the blow that I was no longer the queen of our household - ok maybe I was still queen but now I had to share the throne with this matching set of cuteness - ugh).

One good thing about twins is that you now have a set of look-outs for your wild exploits into childhood. Instead of just leading one younger sibling astray with my plans for world domination (ok maybe just really my plans for ice skating in our kitchen and gorging myself on birthday cake) I now had two minions to follow my orders.

So . . . . . . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTEN AND KELLI

(sorry it's a day late, I had important things to post yesterday - about peanuts characters and such)

KR and KE (yes my parents did name us all K names) read the blog so give them a birthday shout out people.

10 Comments:

Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Happy belated birthday K & K!!!!

11/04/2005 9:20 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Happy Birthday Older Twin and Younger Twin!

11/04/2005 9:43 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday ladies! Nice tribute K-T... "ankle biters"... lol!

11/04/2005 10:36 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Unfortunately now both of my sisters are taller than me by about 3 inches. No more ankle biting for them.

11/04/2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Happy Birthday

11/04/2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Happy Birthday!

I am an identical twin and the things you wrote are soooooooo reminiscent of what our older brother would say about us. hehe

How many minutes are they apart?

11/04/2005 12:53 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jayleigh - ahahaha, all in fun and LOVE. They were born by C-section, so I'm guessing only seconds. Kristen is older than Kelli (and I think she has spent her life reminding kelli of that).

11/04/2005 12:57 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Better than Brian and his twin.

Brian's twin says that Brian was the afterbirth.

Brian just says that they always have a rough draft before they come out with the final product.

Yes, Brian's twin is 7 min. older than him.

11/04/2005 2:36 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

LOL Dotty always says that about me too, AmCol! YUCK!!

And I'm the baby of the family by 4 minutes. Sheesh.

11/04/2005 11:30 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Happy Birthday! Um... all of your initials equals K.K.K - should i have designed this template with one of those racist dixie flags?

J.K. :)

11/07/2005 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home