Thursday, September 08, 2005

Yep I really am this weird

Is there something wrong when I dream of blogging about dreaming and then of course blog about dreaming about blogging about dreaming?

Huh?

Read it again, outloud and you should understand it.

Yep people blogging has now entered my dreams. It really doesn’t take much to enter my dreams because when I am asleep I am some kind of idiot savant motion picture, novelette, and sitcom writer. My dreams tend to be either a week long mini-series event or a long and drawn out major movie. I even have the recurring characters and story lines of a sitcom. I am a super dreamer. In fact if I could some how figure out how to record my dreams I’m pretty sure I would be in Hollywood right now.

So back to my dream last night about blogging about dreaming. This wasn’t my initial dream last night. See I have multiple story lines in any given night but this was my final dream, a short sitcom of a dream to round out the multi-plex worth of flicks playing in my subconscious.

In my dream I’m typing out my blog on dreaming at my computer at work (just as I am doing now). Maybe I’m a prophetic dreamer (hmmm, let’s see have I dreamed about my family bowing down to me anytime lately? Nope, darn. Oh well.)

The following is what I remember from my post in my dream.

Dream Doctor

Dr. Somebody (in one of those foreign accents that you can never place but is obviously foreign): So tell mee about your dreamz?

Me: Well, I seem to have the really vivid dreams. The stories are so real. In fact I’ve woken up laughing or crying or smiling before because of something that has happened in my dream. In fact I’ve been mad at people in real life because of what they did to me in a dream. Is that weird?

Dr.: Hmmmm, intreeeesting. Tell mee more.

Me: Well I also have this recurring theme-dream. Sometimes I’m back in college and remember that I’ve not gone to this one class all semester and then show up on a major test day completely unprepared. But I can’t even find the class, so I’m running around campus (it’s always a different campus) trying to find my class so I can take my test that I’m not prepared for but I can’t find it and I keep walking into classes and sitting down only to figure out it isn’t my class.

Or last night (note: the following is actually the dream I had before the dream about blogging about the dream – so I dreamed about blogging about a dream that involved a dream that I had just dreamed all in the same dream – I know I’m weird) I dreamed that I was staying in a hotel but didn’t know my room number so I went to every door in the hotel trying my stupid key card until I found my room, and then it wasn’t even my room, it was someone else’s room but I didn’t figure that out until they came in during the middle of the night and tried to get in the bed I was sleeping in and I screamed and they yelled at me for being in their room and they kicked me out and I was left stuck in the hall in my pajamas with no room and no place to go and knowing that somewhere in that hotel was my room and my stuff but I couldn’t find it.



And then I woke up and thought, I have to blog about this.

So what does it mean when you dream about blogging about dreaming and then actually blog about it?



So you may be asking yourself what is the point of this story?

Abso-freakin-lutely nothing. :)

22 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Mae said...

No so odd at all. When I was in acocunting I would dream numbers. When I was a software programmer I would dream code. Now that I am home recovering from a failed spinal fusion I don't dream at all. I guess the key is not to work, eh?

9/08/2005 11:11 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Katie-

Weird doesn't even begin to describe you. I still don't quite know if I get the whole "blog about dreaming about blogging about dreaming..." But after getting to know you this last year... I trust you that there is some logic in there somewhere.

On a side note, I have had a dream similar to yours about college... but mine was more that I the class was on my schedule, but I forgot that I was supposed to be attending the class for the first half of the semester... and then still trying to get an A even though the professor wouldn't let me make up what I missed.

Finally,

I like the word Abso-freaking-lutely.

9/08/2005 11:13 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ben - That is part of my dream too but I just didn't mention it in the dream about blogging about dreaming . . . whatever

So the question is do you think that the word abso-freakin-lutely is SUMO cool?

Oh and yes there is always some kind of logic in my thoughts, at least I hope there is

9/08/2005 11:17 AM  
Blogger steve said...

I had a recurring dream that I was on a game show and they ended up putting me in this room with really high walls and the crowd sat above me around the walls (think Gladiator movie of think sienfeld "Junior Mint") Anyways What I thought was really going to be a game show turns out to be this living hell! There is vents in the walls and no doors or windows. Through the vents comes bubble-foam!! BUBBLES!! ATTACKING BUBBLES!! They just keep coming and they cover me... I usually would wake up at this moment.

I think the dream stems from the Brady Bunch episode where Bobby (childhood hero) saves the cat from the fireplace in his hall monitor suit. It was the "Bobby has a power trip" episode. Anyways he trys to wash the suit himself and uses WAAAAAy too much soap. he fills the laundry room with bubbles and Alice has to save Him.

Anyways he shrinks the pants... trys to help the rest of the family deal with the fact that his Father is actually Gay and he tears a whole in the pants while trying to lift a boat...

and you thought you were weird...

9/08/2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

SHUT UP! I was literally going to blog about Dream Recording today!! I don't think I would EVER want to record my dreams because most of the time they are about me over-eating or something scary that is chasing me through a disintegrating maze, but nonetheless, it freaks me out that we are on the same mental wave length!

Only 2 more days until we are luxin' it up!

Oh, and in my dreams when people try to climb in bed with me, I let them, and we snuggle.

9/08/2005 11:59 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

And Steve, I don't get this last line at all?

Anyways he shrinks the pants... trys to help the rest of the family deal with the fact that his Father is actually Gay and he tears a whole in the pants while trying to lift a boat...

Was this from the dream or was this from the Brady Bunch?

9/08/2005 12:01 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

That last comment I left, the word verification ended with KT - how appropriate!

9/08/2005 12:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Steve - keep talking, you are making me look more and more normal.

Ahahahaha that dream is Hilarious. Attacking bubbles. You still have the dream about attacking bubbles?

Eddie - Uh Mr. Brady was gay (not on the show but in real life). I'm thinking that was in the show and not in the dream (let's say I'm hoping that was in the show and not in the dream - looking more and more normal with each comment here boys)

9/08/2005 12:08 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Eddo, it was a joke...

Bobby rips his pants because they shrink.

The guy that played Dad Mike Brady on the show was gay in real life...

just a little "ha ha Eddo is too slow to get my humor" for a Thursday

9/08/2005 12:08 PM  
Blogger steve said...

and I spelled HOLE with a "W"???

Going back to sleep...

9/08/2005 12:10 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

BACK TO SLEEP?

Not fair, it's lunch time here.

9/08/2005 12:12 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Deude - It's 10:15 your time. GET UP.

:)

9/08/2005 12:12 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

SUMO only has one definition in webster's dictionary.

I guess you are using SUMO in place of very to be dramatic?

9/08/2005 12:20 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I am so with you on the dream thing. I have WEIRD dreams, most of which cannot be repeated due to extreme embarrassment.

We'll just leave it at that.

9/08/2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

for the record, i totally understood that first sentence on the first try.

also, i dreamed about blogging last night too! i dreamed that we were at a conference, and everyone had to admit something they didn't want to admit, and one of the guys from this weekend (louisiana refugee) stood up and said that he murdered his wife out in the woods.

FREAKY.

oiyohqka!

9/08/2005 1:19 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Which guy Jes???

9/08/2005 1:32 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

the one with long hair. except, he had a mustache and very, very curly hair.

9/08/2005 2:35 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

it didn't help that in real life he looks like Jesus.

an anglo-caucasian Jesus.

jlcphecu!

9/08/2005 2:37 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

ohhhhh. Junior. gotcha.

xogxk

9/08/2005 2:50 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Are we putting the word verification in??

9/08/2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jes and JCol are.

9/08/2005 5:22 PM  
Blogger Cav said...

ahhh the mystery of the mind. Funny.

i have funky dreams to.

9/08/2005 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home