Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Men

Do you know any really good men? Men that are servants, leaders, broken, empowered, loving, honest, dependant, strong?

They stand out in this world because they are so different from most of the men you come across. Guys, let me give you some inside knowledge, women know pretty much right away if you are a good man or not. Oh we might make concessions, and we might not want to admit it to ourselves, but we know, we can tell, and we yearn for those good men.

Not really quite sure why I’m even posting about this. I guess I’m just a little frustrated and disheartened because I see so many men that could be good men, should be good men, are Christian men and therefore have a higher expectation, but they aren’t good, in fact they are pretty disappointing.

Oh, I know good men. In fact, I am blessed to know many good men, good Christian men, but I also see the not-so-good and, well, that breaks my heart. I see men that aren’t involved in their children’s lives, who aren’t leaders, who aren’t servants, who aren’t living up to the calling God has placed on them. And this hurts my heart because I respect the role of a man so much.

Ok, so in the middle of writing this post (which by the way makes very little sense) I popped over to Rebekah’s blog. Thank you Lord for showing me the heart of a good man.

There really isn’t much I can say that isn’t expressed in this POST by Rebekah’s daddy.

I can’t get his words out of my heard. I can’t stop my heart from breaking for him.

The words from a song keep running through my head when I think of this type of man:

You are strong when you feel weak
In your brokenness complete

So guys out there, men, many of you are already GOOD MEN. I know this about you and I respect and honor you so much for this. Continue to be good men, continue to be weak, to be broken, to be leaders, to be loving, to be honest, to be true, to be servants, to be yielded to your Lord. Thank you for your example, thank you for being who God called you to be. Thank you for showing this girl that those men do exist in this world.

I'll be honest, this is the type of man I pray for. This is the type of man I ask God to let me marry. This is also the type of man I ask God to mold me and shape me to be the perfect companion and helper for. When you talk about the desire of a woman's heart, this is it, a good man who is yielded to the Lord. The rest is just bonus.

Also, please pray for Rebekah and her family, specifically her daddy today. Good men walk this earth, godly men, and they need our prayers.

10 Comments:

Blogger chirky said...

Kpinion. Katie's opinion. Jes agreed. Jgreed?

9/06/2005 10:52 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Ha Ha Jes!

Seriously, though, as hard as it is being a woman sometimes, I don't covet the role of a man. So much responsiblity. Such the need of character, such temptation. We're wired so differently. After reading Wild At Heart, it began to clue me in as to how different they are to be. Society tries to even the playing field, but we're not even, we're different. Woman is a new creature, made out of man, but different still the same.

Thanks again for putting together a collection of thoughts into a great post. We do need to pray for our men, for Godly men to stand up and be strong. And for women to support them in their role.

9/06/2005 10:56 AM  
Blogger Cav said...

women was made at the climax of creation - god got all the kinks out.

I am so kidding.

I pray for many of the same qualities but today people's idea of good varies greatly.

I want godly character (which covers a lot, i.e. honesty etc), funny and sweet. I have learned that sweetness goes ALONG way.

Good post K.

9/06/2005 11:28 AM  
Blogger steve said...

can all four of you put together a "cliff notes on women" for me?

Thanks. I think it would just make it a whole lot easier for me.

9/06/2005 12:20 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ha but then that would take away all the fun.

You have to learn by experience.

The same goes for girls with guys I think. You tell me.

9/06/2005 12:24 PM  
Blogger steve said...

yeah... cause Lord knows its been fun up to this point...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

9/06/2005 12:26 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

So pretty much either way I respond to that statement will get me in trouble.

9/06/2005 12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we're all hoping the right person comes along for each of us-you know the right person hopefully in your heart-I'm kind of in the same boat as you-I hope fate kind of takes me to the right person-men and women really are not that much different in a lot of ways with dating, relationships

9/06/2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hmm, I think I need to make a statement here:

This post was never meant to be about guys in a romantic way. It was meant to be about good men, godly men. It came out of a moment of frustration with not-so-good men and then was counter balanced by Rebekah's dad.

I was really just trying to encourage ALL the GOOD MEN I know to press on.

Not sure if that makes any difference but I wanted my intentions to be known.

9/06/2005 3:28 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Jef - What did you come up with?

9/07/2005 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home